Tuesday, April 5, 2011

No “Fool” Blueberry Dessert


Blueberry Fool is one of my favourite desserts, but the whipping cream and the crème fraiche add up. I find this recipe satisfies me with creamy blueberry flavour and I can reserve some of the calories for my main course.
Serves 4-6

2 cups plain yogurt
2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch

Place the blueberries, sugar and ¼ cup of water into a small saucepan. Heat gently until the berries have released their juices, about 10 minutes.

In a cup or small bowl, mix together the cornstarch and 1/4 cup cold water. Gently stir the cornstarch mixture into the blueberries so as not to mash the berries. Simmer gently until thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat and cool.

Fold in the yogurt until consistent in colour and spoon into serving glasses. Chill for at least an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments