Thursday, July 30, 2015

Back to dedicated meal planning for a Spell

My Sweetie will be off work for awhile. He had a knee replacement on the 22nd and with the surgery and change in activity his type 2 diabetes balance has been disrupted. The health care team put him on insulin (scaring the crap out of both of us) The Doctor kept him in the hospital a few days longer than usual to do some extra testing and get the diabetes team in to see us. 

Ok; long after surgery reading the first day post surgery sugars 16, then constantly since between 9 and 11. The Glycohemoglobin (HbA1c, A1c) blood test (show average blood sugar over 3 months) showed 8, so it's not a critical rise but with the need for a good level needed for heeling we have to get into a concerted diet regime in place until he has recovered and back to his regular activity. 


And of course as not to make him feel special I got a call that my  Glycohemoglobin (HbA1c, A1c) showed I need to get back on a healthier routine. I'm only 6.5 but being a Prediabectic it is a warning to get my act back in line. So here goes Gluten Free Diabetic Friendly recipes on the road again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments