Saturday, November 19, 2011

Tahini (Sesame Seed Paste)

I don’t use Tahini everyday and find it a bit of premium on my budget and my refrigerator space. The price is a bit  high to have ready made in my kitchen. But then again there is no substitute for my most of favourite Middle Eastern dishes, so my solution is to make it us as I need it.
  • 2 Tablespoons sesame seeds
  • 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 cup warm water
Toast Sesame seeds in a skillet slowly, careful not to burn. 
Add sesame seeds, oil and salt to blender and grind until smooth. Process until combined. With the motor running, add the water in a very slow, steady stream and blend until smooth.

Note: Sesame seeds turn rancid quickly, I keep mine in the freezer.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments